To all our wonderful families and the Sunshine Coast community,
Our global society and our little corner of the world here on the Sunshine Coast are facing an extraordinary time in our history. It is unfortunate that a number of people in our community are at enormous risk from Coronavirus and it will take a united effort from everyone to protect them.
We at Pet Rest Cremations are in the community visiting homes and families daily and as such have had to consider how this impacts everyone.
It is so important to us that we can still support the community throughout these difficult times with the loss of their beautiful family members. We will continue to provide all of our services as per normal with no change in our availability or the care you and your pet will receive.
We have put in place safe practice and social distancing measures to protect you, your family, the community, our team and our families. It is now, more than ever that we need to look after one another and protect those most vulnerable.
- Our team will temporarily not be able to have physical contact with families (including handshakes and hugs). This is a decision that has not been easy for us and we hope that you understand the need for us to protect everyone. We genuinely care about you and your situation and endeavour to support you however is needed.
- Our team will be required to wear gloves when visiting your home to limit the transfer of any germs both to you and our staff
- We will be asking families to notify us if they are unwell or in isolation before visiting homes and different options will be available should this be the case
We have formed some additional options for anyone who needs assistance while in quarantine or who would prefer to have limited social interaction:
- We are still able to collect your pet from your home should you be in self isolation- we just ask that you notify us of the situation and we will go through the safety measures necessary to protect our team.
- We are able to keep your pets ashes safe with us if you need extra time, or alternatively we can still deliver you pets ashes home to your doorstep or arrange the safe postage if you would prefer to have no interaction.
We will of course be monitoring the situation as it unfolds and notify you should anything change. We are taking advice from the Australian Government and Queensland Health and applying all of their instruction. Please know that our team are practicing all of the necessary hygiene measures, and we have clear protocols in place to ensure the safety of everyone.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us on 5439 6111.
From our Pet Rest family to you,
Sending good health vibes your way, hope that you are staying safe and that you have plenty of toilet paper!
From Virginia and Phil, Michelle, Rebecca, Jenna, Rhiannon, Katrina and Melissa
You Pet Rest Cremations team